Effective Date: December 12th, 2023
Please review the jurisdiction-specific provisions below for more information if you are located in California.
Types of Information That May Be Collected
To access and use most of our services, you are required to register an account with us. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you purchase, install, or use our products or services, register with us via our products, software applications, or websites, sign up for email subscriptions, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone numbers.
- Unique identifiers, such as a username or password (in hashed or encrypted form).
- When placing an online order, we use third parties to collect your personal information and fulfill your orders. These third parties will have access to your minimally necessary personal information in the processing of your payment card information (card holder data for fulfillment of any purchases of products or services from Reviver or our partners, including dealers, vehicle fleets, and vehicle manufacturers, as well as fulfillment of purchases of third-party products or services through the Reviver products and services, including payment of vehicle registration fees or tolls). Reviver conducts regular reviews of our third-party processors to validate their adherence to PCI DSS v3.2.1 standards. Reviver also adheres to PCI DSS v3.2.1 standards by conducting annual assessments of our security posture as required by the Payment Card Industry council.
- Power(s) of attorney to register the vehicle on your behalf with the applicable department of motor vehicles or similar agency (“Registration Services”).
- Demographic information, such as gender or age.
- Identification of vehicle, including vehicle identification number, license plate number, registration information, vehicle owner, make / model / year, mileage.
- Insurance information for your vehicle.
- Identification and documentation for your Reviver products, including, as examples, product serial numbers, service plan, wireless carrier, and warranty information.
- Social Media Handles / Names.
- Participation in Reviver communications or subscriptions.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit our sites or use our mobile applications, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area.
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers.
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Sites you visited before and after visiting or using our services.
- Pages you view and links you click on within our services and related websites which are also owned and operated by us, our affiliates, or our business partners, including articles, videos, and photo galleries viewed.
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, Local Shared Objects (as defined below), and other similar technologies; and Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded.
We may collect a variety of information from the products that are deployed on your vehicle, via remote access, during our delivery or receipt of content or information to your products, or during in-person service, including:
- Data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of the products, including product serial number, geographical location of product and/or associated vehicle, software version information, service history for product.
- On-board testing / diagnosis results, battery readings, wireless communications settings, performance, and metadata.
- Trip logs, including start / end times for trips.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the product and services for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide the services through the products, including for delivery and/or display, as applicable, of license plate contents and registration information to or on the products.
- To provide Registration Services.
- To provide service and maintenance for the products, including remote updates and diagnosis.
- To monitor the performance of your products.
- To complete and fulfill your purchases and fees that you pay through the service, whether to us or applicable third parties, including, as examples, to process your payments to us or dealers, or vehicle registration authorities, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To geographically locate your product and/or vehicle, for purposes including delivering custom content to the products, detecting theft of the product or vehicle, to provide, at your option, services such as trip logs, and otherwise as necessary to operate, maintain, diagnose, or service the products.
- To provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you.
- To provide customer support services to you.
- To contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you.
- To send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners, including, as examples, auto dealers and vehicle manufacturers, and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
- To provide, maintain, administer or enhance our products or services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the products or services you are receiving from us, as well as other products and services we may offer.
- To customize and personalize your use of the products or services.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent, or otherwise in the Terms.
- To deliver any other services that you have requested.
We may use or share information that does not personally identify you, including, as examples, de-identified or anonymized data, for any purpose, including such as for operational or research purposes or otherwise to improve or modify our products and service.
If you sell or transfer your vehicle and/or product to another person, you must notify us immediately so that we can update our records accordingly, terminate the applicable services for you, and determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the product.
Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. In general, we do not and will not share your personally identifiable information except as set forth in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell, transfer, and/or share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host, provide, or maintain information technology, wireless connectivity to the products, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, develop our websites or mobile apps, or send communications or use of the products or services, including automotive dealers, fleet managers, leasing companies, or third party providers of installation or support services.
- Registration Services: We may share your information with departments of motor vehicles or other similar authorities on your behalf to provide you the Registration Services. We may also share such information with our third-party contractors who facilitate such Registration Services.
- Licensees and Their Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with our owners and licensees or any of our/their affiliates.
- Select Business Partners: With your permission, we may share your personal information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain personal information shared with our third-party business partners to enter into promotions or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your personal information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on our sites or via the products. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users™ online activities over time and across different websites. You may opt out by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Administrative or Legal Authorities: We may disclose your information to third parties in order to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas and warrants); if we otherwise believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is required under applicable laws; to enforce our Terms of Service; where we deem reasonably necessary to prevent fraudulent or illegal activity, or to safeguard the legal rights, safety, and security of our organization, our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, users of our products or services, our business partners and customers, or to the public. Note that the products may disclose the license plate number or similar identification via RFID tags or similar technology.
- Owner of the Vehicle: If the vehicle on which the product is attached is owned by a third party, such as a fleet operator, rental company, or your employer, we may share the information with such owner, to the extent required or permissible under applicable law.
- Interactive Features: We may share information with third parties when you post information to a user profile or a public area of our websites or mobile applications, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool. If you post to these interactive features, it may be publicly available, and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features.
- Other Parties with Your Consent: We may share information with third parties when you expressly consent to such sharing.
- Non-personal Information: We may share non-personal information (including personal information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated), such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other third parties for any reason at our sole discretion.
We may also allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, pixel tags, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with data traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
Third Party Services, Applications and Websites
Except as required by applicable law, we are also not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of our service providers, app developers, app providers, ad servers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or device manufacturers, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
Social Networking Services
We may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our sites or mobile applications. For example, you may be allowed to use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience with our products and services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our website or mobile apps. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our sites and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our sites, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
Links to Other Web Sites
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information during transmission.
Use and access to the products and services is limited to U.S. residents age of 16 or over, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from persons under the age of 16. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
Opt-out / Retention
You may receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial emails you receive or, if such functionality is enabled in the Services, by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out will not apply to messages that you specifically request or messages that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us or communicate with you regarding a Services you have entered, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services unless a longer period is required or permitted under applicable laws. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Information Rights
Attention: Legal Department
4170 Douglas Blvd.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our websites.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Please note that the products and services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using our products, sites, mobile applications, or other services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
Attention: Legal Department
4170 Douglas Blvd.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA USERS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides certain California residents with the additional rights listed below. The rights below apply in the event that we process your information as a business, on our own behalf. In the event that we process your information on behalf of a business customer, we will either process your request or direct you to the business customer directly to make your access, portability or deletion request.
The CCPA temporarily excludes from these rights certain personal information in business-to-business communications or transactions as well as information about our employees, job applicants, contractors, controlling owners, directors, officers and medical staff (if any) in their capacities as such individuals at Reviver.
Right to Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you,
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you,
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, and
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (which allows you to exercise your data portability right as well).
Data Portability Right. You have the right request that we provide you with access to the information above (Right to Access) in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit (i.e., port) the information to another entity without hindrance. If you make a request under your right to request access, you will receive access to your information in a readily usable format.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. You must contact the applicable business customers directly to delete your information that they have in their systems.
We may deny your deletion request or not delete some of your personal information, if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We may also limit our deletion to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise your rights, please contact us as follows:
- Email us at email@example.com and provide the following information: full name and email address associated with your use of our Service, and your specific request (e.g., right to access, right to portability, or right to delete).
- Submit your request via our Contact Us page and provide the following information: full name and email address associated with your use of our Service, and your specific request (e.g., right to access, right to portability, or right to delete).
We will attempt to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.